Sunday, December 26, 2004

Living Tradition -- What's Our Purpose?

Salaam 'Alaikum

There seems to be a few misconceptions floating around about this blog.

1. This is not an individual's blog. This a group blog.

2. Our sole purpose is to refute the "Progressive Muslim Union" and the MWU website. This is not so. It just so happens that at the moment, they are getting the most press.

Our purpose is to examine ideas and statements put forth to non Muslims and Muslims under the rubric of "progressive Islam" and see if they are in conformity to or opposition to Islam as it has been traditionally understood and practiced by Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'at.

There is a lot more to "traditional Islam" than pointing out how MWU is wrong about matter X this week and matter Y next week. We've been deficient in putting up posts that show the richness and beauty of "Traditional Islam," but hopefully that will be changing soon. We do all tend to have day jobs and other internet projects, and sometimes, LT might get pushed to the back burner.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rumi_UK said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Rumi_UK said...

Salaam to all my dear brothers and sisters,

I am so delighted to have found this blog, which represents so much of what I have been thinking about (and working on) in response to these "progressive Muslims" (whom I actually consider "irrational Muslims", but I'll save that for another day!) ;)

May Allah bless this effort, and I hope I can be part of the cause of defending this Deen. You know, what makes me happy is that while people may stick labels on you, and other labels on me (I'm thinking of this annoying "Sufi" vs. "Salafi" type nonsense), we are reciting from the very same book (literally and metaphorically!).

By the way, regarding issues related to Islam and homosexuality, I strongly recommend the StraightWay Foundation (www.straightway.org.uk), which has great work going on, despite the out-of-date website (they assure me that it will be sorted soon insha'Allah).

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home